Afifa.com.au (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act), the collector of your personal information is Afifa.com.au.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website Afifa.com.au (Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you telephone us, we may keep a record of that call for training purposes.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies and other such software on our Website contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To provide and improve our goods and services and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To seek your comments on our products and services.
- To respond to your communications.
You agree to be provided with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you:
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data for this purpose and we or they may contact you about these by post. Your electronic contact details will not be provided to these third parties.
- We may contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) subject to the following:
- If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means only with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to be contacted by electronic means.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You agree that we are not responsible for the conduct or communications of third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our related bodies corporate, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or one of our affiliated, associated or connected companies, or our contractors or agents.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Afifa.com.au or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where the third party is a government agency or individual appointed by a government responsible for the investigation and resolution of disputes or complaints concerning your use of our services and products.
- If you have consented to the disclosure (such as when you agree on the registration form that we may disclosure your personal information to selected third parties including retail organisations for marketing purposes).
- If otherwise authorised or required by law.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us through our contact us page.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO AND REQUEST TO CHANGE INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Grant of access may be subject to a fee of AUD $20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you can establish that the information we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we agree to take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In the event we disagree with you about whether the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us and we will take reasonable steps to associate with the information a statement claiming that the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
If we deny your request for access or correction, we will give you reasons.